Your chance to chalk up a happy memory - or tell a joke!
- Credit: Submitted
Cheerful messages designed to put smiles on people’s faces are appearing on pavements across the Bay.
The Torbay Chalk Trail follows on from the Christmas Trail and the Sunflower Trail which were all designed to cheer people up during lockdown.
Torbay Community Development Trust’s community builders are coordinating the initiative, which is seeing jokes, messages and drawings popping up - in messages which disappear after rain.
Tara Acton, Community Builder for Chelston, Livermead and Cockington, has set up a Facebook page to coordinate display pictures and so far more than 200 people have signed up.
Tara said: “We just want people to have the opportunity to share their thoughts, feelings and sense of humour so that everyone knows we are all in this together."
You can sign up on Facebook at Chalk up the Bay. Chalk is available by contacting Tara email@example.com or on 07730 792431.
- 1 Torquay United doing the sums
- 2 'Earring aid' pair are inspiring sister act!
- 3 Tracey 'honoured and excited' as she takes up schools' Trust's top role
- 4 Captain Asa 'would give anything' to lead Gulls to promotion
- 5 Vince to lead way for Devon tourism
- 6 Tickets for the Barnet visit sold out
- 7 I'd like to thank the people of Paignton for backing Cat
- 8 Cup Final day in the Predicta competition
- 9 Picture special: Torquay seafront
- 10 Latest twist in the National League race