Your chance to chalk up a happy memory - or tell a joke!
- Credit: Submitted
Cheerful messages designed to put smiles on people’s faces are appearing on pavements across the Bay.
The Torbay Chalk Trail follows on from the Christmas Trail and the Sunflower Trail which were all designed to cheer people up during lockdown.
Torbay Community Development Trust’s community builders are coordinating the initiative, which is seeing jokes, messages and drawings popping up - in messages which disappear after rain.
Tara Acton, Community Builder for Chelston, Livermead and Cockington, has set up a Facebook page to coordinate display pictures and so far more than 200 people have signed up.
Tara said: “We just want people to have the opportunity to share their thoughts, feelings and sense of humour so that everyone knows we are all in this together."
You can sign up on Facebook at Chalk up the Bay. Chalk is available by contacting Tara firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07730 792431.
- 1 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 2 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 5 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 6 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 7 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 8 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 9 Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart
- 10 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn