B&B ranked best in world for second year running
- Credit: Archant
A Torquay B&B has been named the number one B&B in the world for the second year running.
The 25 Boutique B&B has been named the best-rated B&B in the world in the 18th annual Travellers' Choice Awards announced on Tuesday, July 28, by Tripadvisor®, the world's largest travel platform.
'The 25', an adults-only boutique B&B, was ranked number one in the world for the second year running, having previously achieved the coveted accolade in 2019.
It is the first time any B&B has earned the title of world number one in consecutive years.
Andy Banner-Price, co-owner of The 25, said: 'It's an incredible feeling to be named the best B&B in the world for the second year running.
'If anything, the second time feels even more special because we know last year's award raised customer expectations and so we've had to work even harder to deliver a great experience for every single one of our guests.
'We didn't rest on our laurels, we've tried to look at every little thing we can do to improve, and it feels like that effort has really paid off with this news.'
- 1 Billionaire's superyacht joins cruise ships in Torbay
- 2 Improvement works starting at Torquay’s Princess Gardens
- 3 Youth coach Chris Todd directing Academy from home
- 4 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 5 Bay restaurants committed to supporting those in need in our community
- 6 We may be in Lockdown but fund-raising children still deserve our praise
- 7 Clubbing together to make things happen in the community
- 8 Picture special: Torbay basking in winter sunshine
- 9 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 10 And so ended the most spectacular cricket festival ever seen in Devon
There were notable accolades for other English Riviera businesses too - The Haytor Hotel and The Ascot House Hotel, both in Torquay, were named in the top 25 of the best-rated small hotel in the UK and also in the top 25 romantic hotels in the UK.
The Albaston was named in the top 10 B&Bs in the UK, and the Redholme was named in the top 25 B&Bs in the UK. For a unique holiday that is also gentle on the wallet, The Coppice in Torquay was named in the top five bargain hotels in the UK, with Howden Court Hotel named in the top 25.
The 2020 Travellers' Choice Awards celebrate travellers' favourite hotels around the world, based on the quality and quantity of the millions of reviews, opinions and ratings collected on Tripadvisor in 2019, prior to the pandemic.
'We are delighted that so many accommodation providers on The English Riviera have been recognised on the national and international stage. With so many winning properties coming from the English Riviera this year, it is testament to the high standards of hospitality we provide, which alongside our stunning natural scenery makes it the perfect place for a UK staycation,' said Carolyn Custerson, CEO of the English Riviera BID Company.