Tom out to prove he is cut above rest
- Credit: Submitted
Inspirational Torbay barber Tom Chapman is in line for a top award.
Tom has been named as a finalist in this year's Most Wanted awards, established 21 years ago by industry publication Creative HEAD.
Tom, already recognised and well-known for his now international Lions Barber Collective based in Torquay, stood out among a record-breaking number of entrants in this year’s competition, becoming one of just five finalists earning a place in the Innovation category.
The Collective is a support group which helps men with mental health issues.
He will now join fellow finalists at the awards finals night on Monday September 6 at London’s iconic Printworks.
Past winners have gone on to represent global brands, work alongside respected retailers, lead Fashion Week teams in London, New York, Paris and Milan, get slots on prime-time TV and collaborate with the world’s most coveted designers and publications.
Tom says:" This is the third time I have made it to the finals for the innovation category. Hopefully the work I put into training well over 400 hair pros in mental health training during the lockdown will pay off and be enough to take the prize home for a second time."
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 5 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 6 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 7 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 8 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 9 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
- 10 Picture special: Torbay beauty spots