Thomas, 9, running mile a day for month to raise cash for Torquay Rugby Club
- Credit: eyJpdiI6IkRiOTlHSXNjQzBlN1BGXC9ycFwvXC9ZOWc9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoicnF5WHlXeDUwN2FaajJNTnBLRE50RGw3VktZMUFBZzBxcm5tYVwvOUw5NmFjYUhGMVdKWFwvNklRaGswZHE4YlArIiwibWFjIjoiOTIwNzYxZTY5Mzk5MzU4OGFhZGQ4Njk3ODQyZTNiM2FkYzVmNjdkZjEzZWFhM2U3ZTgwN2Y0ZjcwOTlkOGE1NyJ9
A nine-year-old rugby fan has been running a mile a day to raise money for his club.
Thomas Cox is set to complete his month-long mile challenge on Sunday, May 31.
So far, he has raised £171 for Torquay Rugby Club.
Gran Angie Wirght said: 'I would love to see him get the praise he deserves for choosing to help fund his rugby club.
'He is very dedicated to his club and is missing all the training nights, Sunday matches and seeing his friends.
'He does all his stretches before his run and is getting fitter every day, while achieving his goal. I am a very proud Nana.'
Thomas' mum and dad have set him up a gofundme page - www.gofundme.com/f/mile-a-day-for-a-month - and Thomas says it is not too late to sponsor him.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 6 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 7 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
Thomas said: 'I have played at Torquay Rugby Club for many years. Due to the virus the club is struggling with funds so I would like to help raise some money to help them so my friends and myself can return to the club when the virus has disappeared, securing the future of the club.'
Thomas completes his daily mile running the same route round the Acorn Centre field in Torquay.