Then and now - 43 years separate pictures of couple
- Credit: Archant
Our first ‘Then and Now’ feature prompted reader Colin Stanley to get in touch to share his own photos taken 44 years apart.
The first is of Colin and his then girlfriend Lorraine Perry on Torquay seafront.
A year later the couple wed and have now been married for 43 years.
Colin said: “The first photo was taken on a weeks holiday from Redditch in Worcestershire during that wonderful hot summer of 1976 on Torquay seafront close to the footbridge by a local photographer taking photos of the tourists, or Grockles, as we were then.
“We have now lived in wonderful Torbay for 32 years, Brixham in particular and truly love our life here.
“We thought it would be nice to replicate the original, so when we saw your feature in the Torbay Weekly we thought it would be lovely to share them with you.”
Do you have a ‘Then and Now’ story and pictures? Please send the details to email@example.com
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Gary Johnson: "Our travelling fans were let down"
- 3 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 4 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 5 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 New loan signing for United
- 8 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 9 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 10 New signings on their way despite win