Then and now - 43 years separate pictures of couple
- Credit: Archant
Our first ‘Then and Now’ feature prompted reader Colin Stanley to get in touch to share his own photos taken 44 years apart.
The first is of Colin and his then girlfriend Lorraine Perry on Torquay seafront.
A year later the couple wed and have now been married for 43 years.
Colin said: “The first photo was taken on a weeks holiday from Redditch in Worcestershire during that wonderful hot summer of 1976 on Torquay seafront close to the footbridge by a local photographer taking photos of the tourists, or Grockles, as we were then.
“We have now lived in wonderful Torbay for 32 years, Brixham in particular and truly love our life here.
“We thought it would be nice to replicate the original, so when we saw your feature in the Torbay Weekly we thought it would be lovely to share them with you.”
Do you have a ‘Then and Now’ story and pictures? Please send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 3 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 National League round-up
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip