The Babbacombe show goes on - at last!
- Credit: Submitted
The show goes on at last at the Babbacombe Theatre.
The previous SuperStars opened in February last year, but only got to run for five weeks, due to the pandemic.
But Producer/Director Colin Matthews has reworked SuperStars 2021 with Steve Laister headlining the show every Tuesday and Wednesday from May 18 to October 20 at 8.15pm.
The new show will feature some of the most iconic stars of music, stage and screen, performed by a multi-talented cast, that will embrace the comedic talents of Del Boy, Stavros Flatley and Benny Hill also with songs from stunning movie soundtracks and/or stage shows with numbers from, Les Misérables, 9-5, Hairspray, Jersey Boys, Grease and Burlesque.
Theatre goers will also be introduced to some new unique comedic characters courtesy of the 'Sir Norman Wisdom's Award for ‘Comedy Excellence' winner Steve, who is as equally poised as a singer as he is a comedian.
Also hitting the high notes in a show that celebrates celebrity, is West End Vocalist, Paul Cobley, multi-talented Wayne Martin, singing sensation Lindsey Collard, Sami-Jane who is as adept at interpreting a pop hit as she is the most dramatic show song and the Nicest Kids in Town, ‘Cute Kidz’, who are three little girls ready to share their dreams of stardom.
The Danze Chique, a bevy of young ladies, will be embellishing the Babbacombe boards with exciting choreography from international Choreographer Wesley Waring accompanied by the musical accompaniment and orchestrations of Musical Director, Pete Leonard.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
A theatre spokesman said: "Everyone will undoubtedly be set to impress the fans this season. Yes, even the audience get to play their part, fans of the super stars! To enjoy what promises to be a show, above and beyond your expectations book your tickets directly from the Box Office on 01803 328385 or via the venue’s website, www.babbacombe-theatre.com.
"Let’s get live entertainment back up and running by supporting the local talent that abounds in this area."