The best history lesson you’ll ever attend
- Credit: Submitted
REVIEW: SIX, Princess Theatre, Torquay
Simply SIX of the best! Prepare yourself for the most scandalous blend of historic girl power to be let loose in clubland.
Boy, do these ladies rock! And they know how to party too.
With stunning lighting effects, superb all-girl band, a rock concert stage set, award-winning costumes and, of course, six queens who pack a powerful punch with amazing vocals and outstanding choreography.
The cast’s energy is astounding – please don’t expect an interval, the party continues all night with each stunning queen sharing “her-story” in her own unique style.
Co-writers Tony Marlow and Lucy Moss had a six-point plan to offer a different perspective on the six queens and give these female historical figures a voice to tell their own experiences, revealing parallels even 500 years later.
Well done for creating the best history lesson you’ll ever attend.
- 1 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 2 Devon beaches producing a healthy catch
- 3 Johnson looking to turn around the "mess"
- 4 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 5 Jim Parker: Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 6 Part Two of the famous Gents bus and Beacon Down becomes Broken Down!
- 7 Torbay's green spaces go wild
- 8 Picture special: Sunrise in Torquay
- 9 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
- 10 Driving home for Christmas - but plan ahead to minimise problems
This international smash-hit musical is clever, fun, comic, powerful and, aboveall, extremely entertaining.
SIX continues at the Princess Theatre in Torquay until Saturday. Don’t miss the party!