Thanks 400 times over
- Credit: Archant
The Salvation Army have sent out a heartfelt thank you to the people of Torbay after a ‘huge’ response to their Christmas Toy Appeal.
In less than two weeks their ‘Amazon Wishlist’ saw more than 400 toys gifts purchased by the public. Together with toys donated directly into churches across the resort, they will bring a festive smile to the faces of scores of local children this Christmas.
Andy Bichard, Torquay Community Manager, said: “These donations will make such a huge difference to children across Torbay this Christmas.”
There was special praise for the readers of the Torbay Weekly after we publicised the appeal.
Andy said: “We have closed our Amazon Wishlist that you featured in The Torbay Weekly.
“I just want to say a huge thank you. We have had a tremendous response.
“Your coverage played a huge part in this.”
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 5 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 8 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
Toys will now be sorted and matched with referrals for them to be picked up from Brixham, Torquay and Paignton.