Thanks 400 times over
- Credit: Archant
The Salvation Army have sent out a heartfelt thank you to the people of Torbay after a ‘huge’ response to their Christmas Toy Appeal.
In less than two weeks their ‘Amazon Wishlist’ saw more than 400 toys gifts purchased by the public. Together with toys donated directly into churches across the resort, they will bring a festive smile to the faces of scores of local children this Christmas.
Andy Bichard, Torquay Community Manager, said: “These donations will make such a huge difference to children across Torbay this Christmas.”
There was special praise for the readers of the Torbay Weekly after we publicised the appeal.
Andy said: “We have closed our Amazon Wishlist that you featured in The Torbay Weekly.
“I just want to say a huge thank you. We have had a tremendous response.
“Your coverage played a huge part in this.”
- 1 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 2 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 3 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 4 Plans for more than 1,000 homes in new 'mini-town' get green light
- 5 Perfect ending to memorable match
- 6 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 7 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 8 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 9 Five things from Torquay United's weekend
- 10 Is the new car sales rise a result of the pandemic?
Toys will now be sorted and matched with referrals for them to be picked up from Brixham, Torquay and Paignton.