Thai restaurant and takeaway sold within days of going on market
- Credit: Bettesworths
A Torquay takeaway and restaurant specialising in Thai cuisine has been sold.
Thai Chef, which previously traded as Kim’s Kitchen, has been bought by Mrs Wayne, an experienced Thai chef.
Due to the current Covid restrictions, Mrs Wayne is offering freshly cooked meals for both takeaway and home delivery from the Torre business - and is looking forward to opening the restaurant, which seats 20, as soon as the restrictions are lifted.
For further information, visit www.thaicheftorquay.com or follow Thai-Chef on FaceBook.
Bettesworths marketed the leasehold business at an asking price of £15,000 to include the trade inventory and goodwill and were pleased to secure a sale within a couple of days.
Genevieve Stringer, who negotiated the sale, said: "There has been a steep rise in custom demand for takeaway businesses and it came as no surprise that a sale was agreed so swiftly.
"With similar establishments being limited in this popular Torquay location, this is a great opportunity.
- 1 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 2 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 The little door behind the main stand
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 8 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 9 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 10 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
"Our team at Bettesworths would like to take this opportunity to wish all the best to Mrs Wayne in her new and exciting venture."