Thai restaurant and takeaway sold within days of going on market
- Credit: Bettesworths
A Torquay takeaway and restaurant specialising in Thai cuisine has been sold.
Thai Chef, which previously traded as Kim’s Kitchen, has been bought by Mrs Wayne, an experienced Thai chef.
Due to the current Covid restrictions, Mrs Wayne is offering freshly cooked meals for both takeaway and home delivery from the Torre business - and is looking forward to opening the restaurant, which seats 20, as soon as the restrictions are lifted.
For further information, visit www.thaicheftorquay.com or follow Thai-Chef on FaceBook.
Bettesworths marketed the leasehold business at an asking price of £15,000 to include the trade inventory and goodwill and were pleased to secure a sale within a couple of days.
Genevieve Stringer, who negotiated the sale, said: "There has been a steep rise in custom demand for takeaway businesses and it came as no surprise that a sale was agreed so swiftly.
"With similar establishments being limited in this popular Torquay location, this is a great opportunity.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
- 8 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 9 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
"Our team at Bettesworths would like to take this opportunity to wish all the best to Mrs Wayne in her new and exciting venture."