Thai restaurant and takeaway sold within days of going on market
- Credit: Bettesworths
A Torquay takeaway and restaurant specialising in Thai cuisine has been sold.
Thai Chef, which previously traded as Kim’s Kitchen, has been bought by Mrs Wayne, an experienced Thai chef.
Due to the current Covid restrictions, Mrs Wayne is offering freshly cooked meals for both takeaway and home delivery from the Torre business - and is looking forward to opening the restaurant, which seats 20, as soon as the restrictions are lifted.
For further information, visit www.thaicheftorquay.com or follow Thai-Chef on FaceBook.
Bettesworths marketed the leasehold business at an asking price of £15,000 to include the trade inventory and goodwill and were pleased to secure a sale within a couple of days.
Genevieve Stringer, who negotiated the sale, said: "There has been a steep rise in custom demand for takeaway businesses and it came as no surprise that a sale was agreed so swiftly.
"With similar establishments being limited in this popular Torquay location, this is a great opportunity.
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 4 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 9 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
"Our team at Bettesworths would like to take this opportunity to wish all the best to Mrs Wayne in her new and exciting venture."