Torbay Weekly team taking to the skies to raise for Rowcroft Hospice
- Credit: Submitted
A Torbay Weekly team take part in a sky dive to raise funds for Rowcroft Hospice this weekend.
The team of five includes Torbay Weekly business development manager Andy Sexton, former South Devon College apprentice Tamla Thornton, Trevor Branton of estate agents Winkworths and Neil and Jennifer Tozer from Ridgewater Sales and Lettings.
Our team are part of a larger group of around 30 intrepid fundraisers representing Rowcroft on the day.
For Neil and Jennifer, it is a special day as they will be celebrating their first wedding anniversary. They have already raised £2,000 between them.
Our team combined are expecting to reach £5,000 in total, with Andy planning more fundraising as part of his weekend role as drummer in local band The Dockneys.
Tamla started her new role at Exeter Pheonix this week but is returning to complete this brave but exciting commitment.
Sunday's sky dive takes place at Dunkerswell Airfield near Honiton, which holds numerous events throughout the year.
- 1 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 2 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
- 3 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 4 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 5 Torquay United ladies book cup final date with City
- 6 Battle and race against time is on to awaken the sleeping giant that is Oldway
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Mark takes over at helm as Teignbridge Propellers invest in future
- 9 Dementia and Covid - the unknown figures
- 10 Are hi-tech companies missing a trick as they look to recruit staff?
It is a regular part of the annual fundraising calendar and if you want to follow Neil, Jennifer, Andy, Trevor and Tamla, get in touch with Alison Upton or Georgia Brookes at Rowcroft Hospice.
You can see how our team get on in next week's Torbay Weekly.