Torbay Weekly team taking to the skies to raise for Rowcroft Hospice
- Credit: Submitted
A Torbay Weekly team take part in a sky dive to raise funds for Rowcroft Hospice this weekend.
The team of five includes Torbay Weekly business development manager Andy Sexton, former South Devon College apprentice Tamla Thornton, Trevor Branton of estate agents Winkworths and Neil and Jennifer Tozer from Ridgewater Sales and Lettings.
Our team are part of a larger group of around 30 intrepid fundraisers representing Rowcroft on the day.
For Neil and Jennifer, it is a special day as they will be celebrating their first wedding anniversary. They have already raised £2,000 between them.
Our team combined are expecting to reach £5,000 in total, with Andy planning more fundraising as part of his weekend role as drummer in local band The Dockneys.
Tamla started her new role at Exeter Pheonix this week but is returning to complete this brave but exciting commitment.
Sunday's sky dive takes place at Dunkerswell Airfield near Honiton, which holds numerous events throughout the year.
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 Turning our season around
- 5 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 6 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete
It is a regular part of the annual fundraising calendar and if you want to follow Neil, Jennifer, Andy, Trevor and Tamla, get in touch with Alison Upton or Georgia Brookes at Rowcroft Hospice.
You can see how our team get on in next week's Torbay Weekly.