Support for businesses to reopen safely in Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Torbay high street businesses are to be supported to reopen safely with the appointment of a temporary information officer by Torbay Council in conjunction with TDA.
The Reopening the High Streets Safely project, delivered by TDA on the council's behalf, is a temporary campaign to establish a safe trading environment for businesses and customers.
The project has received funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
The newly appointed information officer, Alan Smith, will be focused on providing guidance on health and safety compliance, in-store best practices and will act as a key contact to high street businesses facing the challenge of reopening, post Covid-19.
Alan, who will be working with businesses until January 2021, will also help businesses explore their long term adaptability and resilience.
Councillor Swithin Long, Cabinet member for economic regeneration, tourism and housing on Torbay Council, said: 'Business owners in Torbay are working hard to make their businesses safe for their staff and customers.
'Using toolkits and guidance from Torbay Council and TDA colleagues, some businesses have already reopened effectively and with confidence.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 4 National League round-up
- 5 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home
- 6 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 10 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
'The appointment of an information officer will further support these businesses to adapt and become more resilient, and help business owners that are preparing to reopen to do so.'
Newly appointed Alan Smith said: 'I have more than 20 years of experience working with independent retailers, helping them to build sustainable, profitable businesses.
'I am looking forward to helping Torbay's high streets get back to doing what they do best – serving their customers, safely.'
Mr Smith will be engaging with high street businesses across Torbay but welcomes queries from high street business owners in the interim. Email your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org