Sunshine and a weekly 'fix' of Sir Tom... what more could a girl want?
- Credit: PA
Woo-hoo! Summer is here, the sun is shining, it's warm and we have managed to have a half-term that wasn’t washout - for the most part.
The sun just needs to keep shining right the way through to September.
I have had a lovely week off with my girls, we haven’t been out lots as my eldest has been revising for upcoming exams but we have had some quality family time in the garden, at the beach, watching cricket and on the paddle board.
I love the sunshine, it really brings out the best of Torbay and the people - well, most of them.
Yep, I am going to rant again. I’m going to rant about ill-mannered and rude people. Let me give you an example or two.
If I stop to let you pass in my car, acknowledge it. If I step back to let you pass or hold a door open for you, say thank you.
Please do not make me yell an obscenity at you, especially in front of my youngest, who after making mummy put a pound in the swear jar, has probably made enough money to put a deposit down on a house.
- 1 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
- 4 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 5 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 6 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 7 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
- 8 Feline Network Cat Rescue: Can you offer a home to a golden oldie?
- 9 Fostering - why not consider a vocation that makes a real difference?
- 10 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
I am well known for my use of profanity, not saying its ok just can’t seem to stop. Besides, wasn’t there research that proved people who swear a lot are intelligent? Anyway, less about me and back to my rant – manners, where have manners gone?
I have a confession. I have become a fan of Celebrity Gogglebox - it is only the second reality TV show I will watch - and the reason that I know you are all desperate to find out is... Sir Tom Jones!
Yes, I am very partial to Sir Tom. I have listened to his music my whole life and been fortunate to see him in concert a couple of times.
He is amazing, his voice gets better and better, and I can’t wait to see him live again soon.
So, I may be without my ‘Call the Midwife’ fix, but I now have the pleasure of Sir Tom every Friday night and that equals a very happy Becky...