Successful launch for Torquay’s newest restaurant
- Credit: Submitted
Ollies - the newest addition to Torbay’s extensive list of high-quality restaurants - has opened its doors in Torwood Street, just a short walk from Torquay harbour.
The well-known and highly visible site on Torwood Street, nestled among multi-million-pound leisure schemes, is the brainchild of Ollie Williamson, a chef with a wealth of experience within the sector having worked in and around Torbay, and abroad.
The new restaurant, headed by Ollie and his team, has seen a complete refurbishment programme since acquiring the lease earlier in the year, and now boasts one of the most stylish and vibrant interiors within the Bay, offering guest a brand new dining experience.
Sourcing and serving only the best, local produce, Ollie says the restaurant delivers an impressive menu with the chef special of Chateaubriand being a popular choice among the first diners who were eagerly awaiting the launch.
Ollies is already proving a great hit among diners.
Associate director James Sanders, who brokered the deal for Charles Darrow, said: “When I first met Ollie earlier this year, it was clear that Torwood Street was going to be the perfect venue for his new venture.
“The attention to detail, and class throughout is a huge testament to Ollie and his team, who have transformed a once tired site, into arguably Torbay’s hottest new venue.
- 1 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 2 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 3 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 6 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 9 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 10 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
“I wish Ollie and his team all the very best, and very much looking forward to visiting as a guest soon.”