Council boss Steve to focus on economy in return to TDA
- Credit: Archant
Steve Parrock will be stepping down from his role as chief executive of Torbay Council.
Given the significant economic challenges post Covid-19 and a shared desire to focus on the economy, it has been agreed that Steve will resume his full-time career with TDA from September.
Cllr Steve Darling, leader of Torbay Council said: 'We see regeneration as a key driver for Torbay so having a full-time chief executive at TDA will provide additional capacity to drive through the recovery phase of Covid-19 and continued delivery of critical projects that are now in the pipeline.'
Cllr Darren Cowell, council deputy leader, said: 'Improving our offer to residents and visitors alike and diversifying our economy is something that we know is close to Steve's heart and something we wish to see achieved in Torbay.
'Steve now faces fresh challenges at TDA as we move towards some exciting economic regeneration projects. TDA is driving town centre regeneration through the Torquay Town Deal, Future High Streets Fund for Paignton and seeking to enhance the fishing facilities in Brixham.
'TDA is also providing hundreds of new homes through TDA's new housing company TorVista Homes Ltd.'
Vince Flower, chairman of the TDA, said: 'Steve was instrumental in the creation of TDA in 2011 and we are delighted to welcome Steve back as our full-time CEO. The timing could not be better, given all the exciting developments that we are working on across Torbay.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 4 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 5 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 8 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 9 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 10 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
'Steve is highly respected across the business and I am sure his return will be widely welcomed by all.
'TDA and TorVista Homes Ltd have responsibility for delivering a number of very important and critical projects across Torbay and we are very fortunate to have a leader of Steve's calibre back full-time during these very exciting, albeit challenging times.'
Steve Parrock said: 'I would like thank my colleagues at Torbay Council for their unrelenting support over the last seven years and I am very proud of our achievements together. I am especially looking forward to joining my TDA colleagues full time to wholly focus on the economy, the creation of TorVista Homes and the delivery of TDA's new business plan which is both exciting and immersive.'