Stephen Coombes: Steam power
- Credit: Archant
Steam power is the theme of photographer Stephen Coombes' selection of pictures this week.
Retired bus driver Stephen, who lives in Torbay, spends a great deal of his spare time taking photographs of our #NaturallyInspiring Torbay and South Devon.
This week, his pictures show the double-header 46100 The Royal Scot and 7000 Britannia when they stopped at Newton Abbot to take on water during their journey from Cardiff to Plymouth. Also pictured is Brave Heart 75014 passing through Goodrington for Kingswear and a steam boat at Dartmouth.
In this feature, he shares the beauty of the Bay and surrounding area with Torbay Weekly readers. Stephen would like to dedicate his pictures to the NHS frontline and support staff for all the tremendous life-saving work they are doing. Our Heroes
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
- 8 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 9 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip