Stephen Coombes: Steam power
- Credit: Archant
Steam power is the theme of photographer Stephen Coombes' selection of pictures this week.
Retired bus driver Stephen, who lives in Torbay, spends a great deal of his spare time taking photographs of our #NaturallyInspiring Torbay and South Devon.
This week, his pictures show the double-header 46100 The Royal Scot and 7000 Britannia when they stopped at Newton Abbot to take on water during their journey from Cardiff to Plymouth. Also pictured is Brave Heart 75014 passing through Goodrington for Kingswear and a steam boat at Dartmouth.
In this feature, he shares the beauty of the Bay and surrounding area with Torbay Weekly readers. Stephen would like to dedicate his pictures to the NHS frontline and support staff for all the tremendous life-saving work they are doing. Our Heroes
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 4 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 9 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships