Hairdresser Emma inspired by Colonel Tom to raise charity money
- Credit: Archant
South Devon hairdresser Emma has been so inpsired by Colonel Tom she's painted a picture of him for charity
A painting of war veteran Colonel Tom Moore by a South Devon hairdresser is being raffled to raise money for NHS charities.
Emma Collins, from Torcross, normally spends her days cutting and styling hair, but during the lockdown has been able to spend more time on her other love, painting.
She felt inspired by Col Moore's achievement of raising more than £33million for NHS charities.
Emma said: 'The NHS staff and volunteers are doing amazing work right now in caring for COVID-19 patients. I feel that together, we can show our respect and gratitude as they work tirelessly in the face of the virus.
'I have asked people for a donation of £5 to enter into a draw to win the acrylic painting.'
The fund raiser already raised £900. Emma has a target of £1,000. The draw will be made at the end of this month.
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 7 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Saker's return sparks Barton's thrashing of Seaton
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much
You can donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/emma-collins84