Hairdresser Emma inspired by Colonel Tom to raise charity money
- Credit: Archant
South Devon hairdresser Emma has been so inpsired by Colonel Tom she's painted a picture of him for charity
A painting of war veteran Colonel Tom Moore by a South Devon hairdresser is being raffled to raise money for NHS charities.
Emma Collins, from Torcross, normally spends her days cutting and styling hair, but during the lockdown has been able to spend more time on her other love, painting.
She felt inspired by Col Moore's achievement of raising more than £33million for NHS charities.
Emma said: 'The NHS staff and volunteers are doing amazing work right now in caring for COVID-19 patients. I feel that together, we can show our respect and gratitude as they work tirelessly in the face of the virus.
'I have asked people for a donation of £5 to enter into a draw to win the acrylic painting.'
The fund raiser already raised £900. Emma has a target of £1,000. The draw will be made at the end of this month.
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 6 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
You can donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/emma-collins84