Hairdresser Emma inspired by Colonel Tom to raise charity money
- Credit: Archant
South Devon hairdresser Emma has been so inpsired by Colonel Tom she's painted a picture of him for charity
A painting of war veteran Colonel Tom Moore by a South Devon hairdresser is being raffled to raise money for NHS charities.
Emma Collins, from Torcross, normally spends her days cutting and styling hair, but during the lockdown has been able to spend more time on her other love, painting.
She felt inspired by Col Moore's achievement of raising more than £33million for NHS charities.
Emma said: 'The NHS staff and volunteers are doing amazing work right now in caring for COVID-19 patients. I feel that together, we can show our respect and gratitude as they work tirelessly in the face of the virus.
'I have asked people for a donation of £5 to enter into a draw to win the acrylic painting.'
The fund raiser already raised £900. Emma has a target of £1,000. The draw will be made at the end of this month.
- 1 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 2 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 3 NL suspension is out of the question
- 4 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 5 Gulls going for 'double' after transfer signings
- 6 Midfield decisions for Torquay United
- 7 Work set to start at Torquay seafront gardens
- 8 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 9 Widow Joan, 87, tells anti-vaxxers: 'Don't be silly'
- 10 Raise a glass for Clint Boulton
You can donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/emma-collins84