Hairdresser Emma inspired by Colonel Tom to raise charity money
- Credit: Archant
South Devon hairdresser Emma has been so inpsired by Colonel Tom she's painted a picture of him for charity
A painting of war veteran Colonel Tom Moore by a South Devon hairdresser is being raffled to raise money for NHS charities.
Emma Collins, from Torcross, normally spends her days cutting and styling hair, but during the lockdown has been able to spend more time on her other love, painting.
She felt inspired by Col Moore's achievement of raising more than £33million for NHS charities.
Emma said: 'The NHS staff and volunteers are doing amazing work right now in caring for COVID-19 patients. I feel that together, we can show our respect and gratitude as they work tirelessly in the face of the virus.
'I have asked people for a donation of £5 to enter into a draw to win the acrylic painting.'
The fund raiser already raised £900. Emma has a target of £1,000. The draw will be made at the end of this month.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 6 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 7 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 8 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 9 Charity walk was 'eye-opening experience'
- 10 All guns blazing from Torquay United
You can donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/emma-collins84