South Devon College shortlisted for Investors in People Awards 2020
- Credit: Archant
South Devon College celebrated success being the only college in the world to be recently reaccredited platinum rating by Investors in People (IiP).
Additionally, IiP awarded the college the Health and Wellbeing Award recognising its success in achieving its ambitions of being an energetic, inclusive, supportive place of work with inspiring, committed and innovative staff who make a difference.
And the college’s run of success continues, especially in the eyes of Investors in People with news that South Devon College has been shortlisted for the Investors in People Awards 2020.
The category that the college has been short-listed for is Employer of the Year: Platinum 250+.
The independent Investors in People review, which resulted in the platinum reaccreditation, confirmed that 92 per cent of staff at the college agree it is a great place to work and 95 per cent agree it has a positive impact on the community, aligning with the college’s mission to ‘Inspire the community through learning for all’.
The college will find out if they have won the category at the virtual award ceremony on November 24 but being short-listed for the category is already a fantastic achievement, said a college spokesman.
This continuous recognition from Investors in People shows the college puts people above all else and are seeing amazing results because of it.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 Torbay Ironman completes first race of the season
- 6 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 7 Family home in popular residential area
- 8 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 9 Gulls ready for Truro friendly
An Investors in People spokesman said: ‘We believe that the success of any organisation begins and ends with people. If we make work better for everyone, we make work better for every organisation. If we do that... we make society stronger, healthier and happier.
“South Devon College are clearly playing a great part in doing just that.”