Sharpham virtual festival for cheese lovers
- Credit: Archant
A virtual British Cheese Weekender is set to be the first utterly unique cheese festival coming to our screens and tablets this early May bank holiday weekend.
Featuring masterclasses, virtual farm tours and tastings from the experts, cheese lovers are coming together to celebrate the best from our British Isles.
Organised by the Specialist Cheesemakers Association (SCA), the Academy of Cheese, the Guild of Fine Food and cheese writer Patrick McGuigan, the British Cheese Weekender will invite cheese lovers to stock up on artisan cheese.
The virtual event aims to raise awareness of the crisis that threatens to wipe out the previously thriving speciality cheese industry and help shoppers connect with those selling it, via a new website.
As winners of the UK Supreme Cheese at the Global Cheese Awards, Sharpham Cheese has a renowned selection - and the South Devon company has already taken steps to adapt its business during the Covid-19 lockdown.
In a bid to sell directly to customers, Sharpham Cheese has collaborated with Quickes and Ticklemore to create an 'Essential Devon Cheese Board' available for mail order nationally through Sharpham.com
The firm is also working with Sharpham Wine to launch Sharpham Classics – a wine and cheese selection, and collaborated with Salcombe Brewery who hand-deliver beer, cheese and pies throughout Devon.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay
- 10 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
Situated on the banks of the River Dart near Totnes, the Sharpham Estate has been producing wines and cheeses for more than 35 years to local, national and international acclaim.
Sharpham Cheese is available for national mail order through www.sharpham.com. National stockists include selected Waitrose stores, The Cheese Shed and The Fine Cheese Company.
For the British Cheese Weekender, join local drinks expert Rebecca Mitchell DipWSEThosting an interactive cheese pairing with guest speaker Greg Parsons of Sharpham Cheese at 11am on Sunday, May 10, via Instagram Live. Just click on the Instagram Live button on @rebeccamwines or @sharphamcheese.