Servicemen join forces to help vulnerable veterans in Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Vulnerable military veterans have been given a voice thanks to a project started by a group of serving and former service personnel.
Veterans Aid Torbay is run by Jack Outterside, 25, of Paignton, a pilot officer at RAF Honington, who is working from home during the Lockdown.
He is joined by SAC (Tech) Jake Bolton, 23, from RAF Brize Norton, from Paignton; RAF veteran Claire Faithfull, from Plymouth; RAF reservist chef Jackie Cherrington Cowell and six other volunteers, all ex serving marines, royal engineers, army and ex RAF.
They are delivering essential supplies, hot meals and prescriptions.
Jack said: 'We have all seen how inspirational our veterans can be, like Captain Tom Moore. I want to remind them that they will always be a part of the military family.'
Using his network of contacts from his former job at Winners 2000 Fitness, Veterans Aid Torbay is working with Eat that Frog and Torbay Development Community Trust.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 10 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay