Servicemen join forces to help vulnerable veterans in Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Vulnerable military veterans have been given a voice thanks to a project started by a group of serving and former service personnel.
Veterans Aid Torbay is run by Jack Outterside, 25, of Paignton, a pilot officer at RAF Honington, who is working from home during the Lockdown.
He is joined by SAC (Tech) Jake Bolton, 23, from RAF Brize Norton, from Paignton; RAF veteran Claire Faithfull, from Plymouth; RAF reservist chef Jackie Cherrington Cowell and six other volunteers, all ex serving marines, royal engineers, army and ex RAF.
They are delivering essential supplies, hot meals and prescriptions.
Jack said: 'We have all seen how inspirational our veterans can be, like Captain Tom Moore. I want to remind them that they will always be a part of the military family.'
Using his network of contacts from his former job at Winners 2000 Fitness, Veterans Aid Torbay is working with Eat that Frog and Torbay Development Community Trust.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 8 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 9 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward