Scrubs firm now a Bay-wide effort
- Credit: Archant
A community group has been turning donated materials into vital scrubs for medical personnel.
Baymade Scrubs' original trio of Sophie Cox, Fleur Barr and Sandra Tipton has now grown into a dedicated network covering Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, as well as sites outside the Bay.
'We want to say a massive thank-you to the seamstresses, cutters, people who have donated materials, drivers and co-ordinators,' said Sophie.
'We have supplied to a number of hospital wards, care homes, places that cater for people with learning needs and disabilities. We always need more sewers, quality clean duvets, buttons, elastic and thread.
'We make the scrubs with a laundry bag included, so those using them can wash the whole set together. So many people have stepped in to help and we are massively grateful to everyone for their dedication.'
Search up Baymade Scrubs on Facebook to donate or get involved.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 6 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Commemorating the Royal Air Force in Torbay during World War Two