Scrubs firm now a Bay-wide effort
- Credit: Archant
A community group has been turning donated materials into vital scrubs for medical personnel.
Baymade Scrubs' original trio of Sophie Cox, Fleur Barr and Sandra Tipton has now grown into a dedicated network covering Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, as well as sites outside the Bay.
'We want to say a massive thank-you to the seamstresses, cutters, people who have donated materials, drivers and co-ordinators,' said Sophie.
'We have supplied to a number of hospital wards, care homes, places that cater for people with learning needs and disabilities. We always need more sewers, quality clean duvets, buttons, elastic and thread.
'We make the scrubs with a laundry bag included, so those using them can wash the whole set together. So many people have stepped in to help and we are massively grateful to everyone for their dedication.'
Search up Baymade Scrubs on Facebook to donate or get involved.
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 4 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 7 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 8 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 9 'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- 10 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United