Scrubs firm now a Bay-wide effort
- Credit: Archant
A community group has been turning donated materials into vital scrubs for medical personnel.
Baymade Scrubs' original trio of Sophie Cox, Fleur Barr and Sandra Tipton has now grown into a dedicated network covering Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, as well as sites outside the Bay.
'We want to say a massive thank-you to the seamstresses, cutters, people who have donated materials, drivers and co-ordinators,' said Sophie.
'We have supplied to a number of hospital wards, care homes, places that cater for people with learning needs and disabilities. We always need more sewers, quality clean duvets, buttons, elastic and thread.
'We make the scrubs with a laundry bag included, so those using them can wash the whole set together. So many people have stepped in to help and we are massively grateful to everyone for their dedication.'
Search up Baymade Scrubs on Facebook to donate or get involved.
- 1 Former church home of Rainbow Fun House is sold
- 2 Torquay United strengthen the depth of their squad
- 3 Torquay United FA Trophy preview
- 4 Storm in a T-CUP at Plainmoor
- 5 Gary Johnson: I have faith in Olaf's potential
- 6 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 7 Former Gulls teammates pay tribute to Clint Boulton
- 8 Goalkeeper and Gulls fan Harry, 16, on bench for Exeter City
- 9 Raise a glass for Clint Boulton
- 10 Cash for five Torbay good causes as Foster's Fund pays out