Scrubs firm now a Bay-wide effort
- Credit: Archant
A community group has been turning donated materials into vital scrubs for medical personnel.
Baymade Scrubs' original trio of Sophie Cox, Fleur Barr and Sandra Tipton has now grown into a dedicated network covering Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, as well as sites outside the Bay.
'We want to say a massive thank-you to the seamstresses, cutters, people who have donated materials, drivers and co-ordinators,' said Sophie.
'We have supplied to a number of hospital wards, care homes, places that cater for people with learning needs and disabilities. We always need more sewers, quality clean duvets, buttons, elastic and thread.
'We make the scrubs with a laundry bag included, so those using them can wash the whole set together. So many people have stepped in to help and we are massively grateful to everyone for their dedication.'
Search up Baymade Scrubs on Facebook to donate or get involved.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 8 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon