Save £5 on a Marldon Christmas Tree Farm tree with your Torbay Weekly
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early to the Torbay Weekly offices when we took delivery of a fabulous 6ft Christmas tree from Marldon Christmas Tree Farm!
And you can save £5 on a Marldon Christmas Tree Farm tree with the special coupon that is in this week’s paper. Just pick up your free paper from our offices in Torquay town centre.
The Torbay Weekly offices in Tor Hill House, Union Street, were decked with boughs of holly - or rather, metres of tinsel - as the festive season started for us with a delivery of a 6ft-tall Nordmanns Fir tree from Marldon Christmas Tree Farm.
With the coronavirus crisis being what it is, the festive spirit has been needed more than ever, and there truly is no match for a real, locally grown tree complete with decorations.
As if that wasn’t good enough, the tree was sent directly from The North Pole - yes, that is legally their postal address in Totnes Road, Marldon.
Also flying in from Santa’s homeland are the three reindeer on site, which will be delighting visitors from now until late December.
Selling Christmas trees to the people of Devon and beyond for more than 30 years, the farm has grown into a vital part of the local community, and is known across the UK and beyond.
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 5 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 8 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 9 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
For many people across Torbay and the South Hams, the start of the holidays is not brought in by the Coca-Cola truck or John Lewis advert, but by looking around the Christmas tree farm with the whole family.
Visitors are welcome to wander around the 40-acre site, and to check out the wide selection of trees, from 3ft to 30ft, and from the freshly cut to the pot-grown variety.
The whole company is as environmentally friendly as possible, with chemicals used only where necessary to fight off bacteria and pests, as opposed to the routine use by some other growers and retailers.
They’ve also just launched their best-ever online offer, with trees starting from £22.99 for a value range Nordmann between 5ft and 7ft on their website, with details available online.
To get your own tree in time for Christmas, head over to Marldon Christmas Trees, The North Pole, Totnes Road, Marldon, Paignton TQ3 1RR, or go to marldonchristmastrees.co.uk, call 01803 529997, or visit the Facebook or Instagram page for the farm.