Sandman’s artwork thanks volunteers across Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers across the Bay are being thanked for their work during the coronavirus crisis.
Postcards have been made of artwork produced by Geoff 'The Sandman' Ward on the beach in Torquay saying a big thank you to all for their Torbay kindness.
Simon Sherbersky, lead officer at Torbay Community Development Trust, said on behalf of the Torbay Community Coroanvirus Helpline: 'We wanted each and every one of them to know how appreciated their efforts have been during the crisis.
'We knew that our communities were strong and resilient but even we have been taken aback by the kindnesses that have been shown and continue to be shown.
'We like to think that the extra 'l' in the word volunteers in the sand artwork represents all the love that has been shown in recent weeks.'
The helpline is also leading the call for the Clap for Carers on Thursday evenings at 8 pm to continue as an expression of thanks and appreciation for all the hard work that continues to be done by carers, key workers, volunteers and Torbay NHS staff.
'The crisis is by no means over and a lot of people are still working very hard to look after our communities. We need to show that we continue to be grateful,' said Simon.
- 1 Sutton 0 Torquay United 1
- 2 Great performance when it mattered
- 3 Torquay United showdown at Sutton
- 4 Torbay Council confirms Anne-Marie Bond as new chief executive
- 5 Sunken Gardens work starts as lights shine bright on new future
- 6 Great fuel debate - the case for diesel
- 7 Bryony Frost recovering from National fall
- 8 Adventure tourist attractions promoting Bay as premier outdoor destination
- 9 The nostalgic power of music
- 10 All guns blazing from Torquay United
Katy Heard, volunteers' lead for Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, said, 'This crisis has brought us together. The NHS and community in Torbay have been working ever more closely over the years, and despite all the difficulties of this situation, I feel it has brought out the best in Torbay.
'Our staff will dedicate this Thursday's clap to all the volunteers who have stepped forward to make a difference. We are all in this together – thank you.'