Sweet! St George would have gobbled up this monster
- Credit: Blanchard Media
First a Disney castle. Now a dragon especially for St George's Day - and all made out of chocolate.
Patisserie chef Kieran Charles created this three headed monster in honour of England’s patron saint. The four foot high dragon took 90 hours to create, using 17 kilos of dark chocolate.
"‘I like to think that if St George had encountered my dragon, he might have preferred to eat it,’ said Kieran, who has spent his lockdown time away from the Ritz Hotel in London, practising his skills at the family home near Teignmouth.
Kieran, 20, featured on the Torbay Weekly front page recently with his magnificent Disney Magic Kingdom Castle.
He trained at the Cordon Bleu school in London before going to work as pastry demi-chef de partie at the Ritz. Before that he studied at South Devon College and did his apprenticeship at Salcombe Harbour Hotel.
He is hoping to return to work next month
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 7 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much