Sweet! St George would have gobbled up this monster
- Credit: Blanchard Media
First a Disney castle. Now a dragon especially for St George's Day - and all made out of chocolate.
Patisserie chef Kieran Charles created this three headed monster in honour of England’s patron saint. The four foot high dragon took 90 hours to create, using 17 kilos of dark chocolate.
"‘I like to think that if St George had encountered my dragon, he might have preferred to eat it,’ said Kieran, who has spent his lockdown time away from the Ritz Hotel in London, practising his skills at the family home near Teignmouth.
Kieran, 20, featured on the Torbay Weekly front page recently with his magnificent Disney Magic Kingdom Castle.
He trained at the Cordon Bleu school in London before going to work as pastry demi-chef de partie at the Ritz. Before that he studied at South Devon College and did his apprenticeship at Salcombe Harbour Hotel.
He is hoping to return to work next month
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships