Get into gear for Rowcroft's latest fund-raiser
- Credit: Rowcroft Hospice
Get on your bike for Rowcroft.
The hospice has launched ‘Ride for Rowcroft – Your Way’ – an exciting virtual cycling event taking place across South Devon throughout May.
Participants can take on the smooth and fairly flat 24km ‘Classic’ route or the more gruelling 32km ‘Haytor Hillclimb’ course, or they can create a route of their choice (of any distance).
The ‘Classic’ route takes in country lanes and a cycle path, and is perfect for cyclists looking to complete their first challenge, beat a personal best or simply enjoy a leisurely ride through the stunning South Devon countryside with friends. For cyclists looking to step it up a gear, the 32km ‘Haytor Hillclimb’ requires plenty of pedal power .
“This is a fantastic family event,” said Alexia Croft, Rowcroft’s Events Manager. “Everyone can join in – whether you’re a cycling novice or a seasoned pro."
Money raised will be used to provide end-of-life care for patients in their homes across South Devon.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 3 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 7 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Trio get their running shoes on for Bay half marathon fund-raiser
“Every entry helps us to continue to care for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families," said Alexia. “We also would like to say a massive thank you to Bishop Fleming who is once again our headline sponsor.
“Many of our riders have a strong personal link with the hospice, as members of their family have been cared for by Rowcroft, and so they are passionate about the expert care we provide.
"I really hope that as many riders as possible will be able to get into gear to support their local hospice."
There’s a £5 sign-up fee and Rowcroft asks for a suggested donation of £20 to the hospice, or a commitment to raise a minimum of £20 in sponsorship. Every participant will be awarded a medal. Please go to: www.rideforrowcroft.co.uk or call Rowcroft’s Fundraising Team on 01803 217419.
All participants are asked to wear a helmet, feel confident riding on roads with traffic, abide by social distancing and government restrictions relating to COVID, and have lights fitted on the front and rear of their bikes. Children under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult.