Full feet ahead for Sleep Walk!
- Credit: Rowcroft Hospice
The Sleep Walk is on!
That's the message from Rowcroft Hospice, keen to reassure supporters that the Super Hero-themed event is still going ahead physically on Saturday July 3.
Event manager Alexia Croft said: "We wanted to dedicate this year’s theme in celebration of the many acts of kindness and heroism we’ve seen over the past year."
Some adaptations include the entire event being held outdoors with two start and finish points and with staggered start times from 5pm to 7pm.
Participants need to follow social distancing guidelines and wear a face mask at busy areas. They’re not required for the event warm up or while walking the route..
A Rowcroft spokesman said: "Many participants enjoyed the option to take part virtually, so the ‘Your Way’ option to take part in The Sleep Walk from July 3 to July 11, at a time and place to suit people remains."
Registrations are open until midnight on Sunday June 27 at www.rowcroftsleepwalk.org.uk
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award