Full feet ahead for Sleep Walk!
- Credit: Rowcroft Hospice
The Sleep Walk is on!
That's the message from Rowcroft Hospice, keen to reassure supporters that the Super Hero-themed event is still going ahead physically on Saturday July 3.
Event manager Alexia Croft said: "We wanted to dedicate this year’s theme in celebration of the many acts of kindness and heroism we’ve seen over the past year."
Some adaptations include the entire event being held outdoors with two start and finish points and with staggered start times from 5pm to 7pm.
Participants need to follow social distancing guidelines and wear a face mask at busy areas. They’re not required for the event warm up or while walking the route..
A Rowcroft spokesman said: "Many participants enjoyed the option to take part virtually, so the ‘Your Way’ option to take part in The Sleep Walk from July 3 to July 11, at a time and place to suit people remains."
Registrations are open until midnight on Sunday June 27 at www.rowcroftsleepwalk.org.uk
- 1 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 2 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 3 Pre-season fundraiser in memory of footballers Kyle and Hayden
- 4 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 5 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 6 Laura will use Equity role to change attitudes about regional theatre
- 7 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 8 Busy time in the transfer market
- 9 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 10 Farewell to Wellswood