Rowcroft says thanks after £11,000 Masons donation
- Credit: Submitted
Staff and volunteers at Rowcroft have welcomed an £11,000 donation.
It has come from the the Mark Master Masons of Devonshire and its charity, the Mark Benevolent Fund.
The donation is part of a major capital grant of £1.3mllion to over 250 hospices in England, Wales, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
Peter Balsom, the Provincial Grand Master for Devonshire, said: ‘We are absolutely delighted that the members of the Province have chosen to support Rowcroft.We are all aware of the toll that the pandemic has taken on charities across the country and hope that this small gift will go some way to help enhance patient care and provide improved facilities for those in need and their families.”
Debbi Shotton, of Rowcroft Hospice, said: “We are thrilled that so many members of the Province of Devonshire have chosen to support Rowcroft.
"We rely on voluntary donations. We simply could not do it without support like this.”
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 5 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 6 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star