Rowcroft Hospice in call for ’Front Room Fundraisers’
- Credit: Archant
While fundraising events have had to be cancelled over the coming weeks, Rowcroft Hospice is calling on supporters to join in a 'Front Room Fundraising' effort.
The idea is donations are made to the hospice using the money supporters are 'saving' by being in lockdown - such as the cost of a haircut or a night in the local pub.
'A one-off donation of any amount or a regular gift wil make such a difference to local families needing Rowcroft's care during this pandemic,' said a hospice spokesman. 'Your support means the world.'
Here are some of Rowcroft's 'Front Room Fundraising' ideas:
• No Saturday night at the movies?
On average, a cinema ticket and popcorn costs around £15.50. Set up a movie night at home, dim the lights, pass around the popcorn and turn your phones to silent. You have just saved enough money to provide a memory box for a child to help them cope with the prospect of losing someone they love. (£15.50)
• Fancy a night out, in?
- 1 Jim Parker: We will need sport more than ever if and when we ever escape this dreadful pandemic
- 2 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 3 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 4 Notts County 0 Torquay United 0
- 5 New owners plan takeaway menu until Paignton cafe can open
- 6 NL suspension is out of the question
- 7 Gary Johnson pleased with the point
- 8 Why assistant Aaron is an exception in more ways than one!
- 9 Mum Abi battles through tough times thanks to her children - and writing
- 10 Berry Head coastguard team rescues one of its own members!
Host a virtual night out! Get glammed up, have a few drinks with your friends virtually. Just three medium glasses of wine in a pub could provide one hour of care to a patient on Rowcroft's inpatient unit. (£19.94) Why not ask your friends to donate too?
• Missing your nail appointment?
Take the time to give yourself a manicure and the money you save could provide the support of the hospice at home team for an hour to a patient, allowing them to spend their last days and hours in their own home. (£32)
• Saving on the train or petrol?
Your coffee and commute savings could pay for one patient's meals for a day on Rowcroft's inpatient unit. (£6.78)
Anyone who would like help with fundraising, should call 01803 217450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on 'Front Room Fundraising', log on to https://rowcrofthospice.org.uk/front-room-fundraising