Rowcroft Hospice reopens two Torquay shops
- Credit: Archant
Rowcroft Hospice has reopened its Wellswood boutique in Ilsham Road and its Babbacombe shop in Reddenhill Road.
After months of closure due to the pandemic, with the recent lifting of Government restrictions these two charity shops can finally get back to their job of raising vital funds to care for people with life-limiting illnesses across South Devon.
'Rowcroft's shops have been closed for more than three months and this has led to a substantial loss of income for the charity,' said Caroline Wannell, Rowcroft's head of retail.
'We are so thrilled to be re-opening two of our shops in Torquay. Staff and volunteers in our Babbacombe shop and Wellswood boutique are really excited about welcoming their customers back, so please do pop in to browse the gorgeous range of pre-loved clothing and other items.
'We have something for everyone, including a fabulous selection of ladies' fashion, menswear, shoes, bags, jewellery, books and homeware.
'Shopping with Rowcroft is a fantastic way to support local people with life-limiting illnesses; it also enhances your sustainable fashion wardrobe – as most items are pre-loved and recycled, and therefore much better for our planet than buying new.'
The reopening of the Babbacombe and Wellswood shops is the latest in Rowcroft's phased re-opening of its 16 shops and cafes across the region.
- 1 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 2 First friendly for Torquay United
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 5 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 6 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 7 Ironman effort to raise cash for Torbay surf therapy project
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Nemane to Notts
- 10 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
Six of Rowcroft's shops are now open - Dartmouth, Totnes, Paignton town centre, Paignton furniture, and now the Babbacombe and Wellswood shops.
Offering a wide variety of good quality donated items, the shops are open five days per week, Tuesdays to Saturdays, 10am to 4pm. The Dartmouth shop is open Wednesdays to Sundays, 10am to 4pm.
The reduced trading hours enable the stores to be thoroughly deep cleaned each day.