Kevin runs for Rowcroft as thankyou for looking after mum
- Credit: Submitted
Kevin Woodard wanted to recognise ‘amazing’ Rowcroft for the way they looked after his late mum.
So, he ended running every day in March to raise money for the hospice and the more ‘figures’ to the day, the further he ran – March the first was one mile and March 31st 31 miles.
He said: “By the end of the run, I had travelled 496 miles and in the last six days I did at least a marathon every day.”
Mum Denise Hine lost her battle with cancer last July. She would have been 65 on March 1.
Kevin, a kitchen assembler from Newton Abbot, said: “The Hospice at Home team cared for mum last year, and the care and support they gave her and the family brought great comfort.
“Rowcroft are an amazing charity. I wanted to do something to help them care for other families, like they did ours.”
Kevin was hoping to raise £1,250, which is the average cost of caring for a patient through Hospice at Home. To date the total stood at over £2,400! "I am totally overwhelmed," said Kevin whose Just Giving page is here: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kevin-woodard
Debbi Shotton, Rowcroft’s Community Fundraising Officer said: “We are so grateful to Kevin. Over the last year, our Hospice at Home team have faced an increased demand for their services. We care for over 80 per cent of our patients in their own home and increasingly, this is where patients would choose to spend their last days. People like Kevin help us to enable them to fulfil their wishes.”
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 3 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 4 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 5 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 6 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 7 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 8 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 9 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
* The Torbay Weekly has adopted Rowcroft as its charity for the next 12 months and is hoping to raise at least £50,000 in our Raise for Rowcroft campaign. We are encouraging people to raise money in any way they can. Please let the Rowcroft team know what you are planning and tell them it is linked to the campaign.
Ring 01803 217450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
And why not send us some details so we can give it some coverage and raise even more money. Email email@example.com