New business will deliver food - and much-needed cash for Rowcroft
- Credit: Rowcroft
Rowcroft have launched Devon Farm Kitchen, a new social enterprise with every penny of profit going to support the local hospice.
The new business will be offering a range of high quality and ‘Deliciously Satisfying’ handmade dishes to provide wholesome and nutritional support to those that need this service.
Registered Dietitians Sarah Jones and Debs Howland said: “We have been delighted to be involved in such an exciting project, not only to support Rowcroft Hospice but also the nutrition of the people around us in our community. The importance of the food we choose is wide ranging and not only for energy and strength but also for the healthy functioning of the immune system, maintaining independence and mental health and supporting healing and recovery.”
With ever-growing consumer needs for convenient, high quality food, delivered to your door, Devon Farm Kitchen meals are also removing plastic waste and using packaging that is reusable or 100 per cent recyclable and compostable.
Rowcroft CEO Mark Hawkins said: “Our meals have been carefully developed with Peter Gorton, a Fellow of the MasterChef’s of Great Britain and one of Devon's finest chefs.”
The dishes are made using British sourced ingredients, with a focus on supporting local Devon farming and fishing communities. The dishes are prepared by Devon Farm Kitchen chefs and served directly on to returnable ceramic plates and bowls, making it easy to cook in a microwave or conventional oven and then just eat.
Mr Hawkins said: ”Devon Farm Kitchen will transform mealtimes for many people and our distribution delivery service forms a vital component of the Devon Farm Kitchen proposition. We are proud to go above and beyond, using our own friendly and well-trained delivery drivers.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
“Our goal is to become the No. 1 frozen food delivery brand in Devon - delivering the very best for taste, quality and service, dining experience to the front door and we have the ambition to expand. Devon Farm Kitchen is all about giving something back to society in creating profits that will help sustain the vital service Rowcroft Hospice provide patients across South Devon.”