Bryn, 83, gets our books appeal off to flying start
- Credit: Archant
Well, we asked you to donate books for our Raise for Rowcroft appeal and you didn't let us down!
We invited readers with old books to bring them to our office at Castle Circus to have them on display for sale at a minimum £1 each for the appeal.
We have had hundreds of books donated - more than 300 alone from inspirational 83-year-old Bryn Jones from Meadfoot in Torquay.
Please keep them coming! We need your help to raise £50,000 for the hospice over the next year.
We intend to have a couple of high-profile book signings lined up in the weeks ahead.
You can support our campaign with any donations or fund-raising events you like. Contact the hospice team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01803 217450 and let them know you are doing it for our campaign. Also let us know the details at email@example.com and we will cover it.
- 1 'Earring aid' pair are inspiring sister act!
- 2 Captain Asa 'would give anything' to lead Gulls to promotion
- 3 Vince to lead way for Devon tourism
- 4 Tracey 'honoured and excited' as she takes up schools' Trust's top role
- 5 I'd like to thank the people of Paignton for backing Cat
- 6 Latest twist in the National League race
- 7 Cup Final day in the Predicta competition
- 8 Torquay Museum reopening with new exhibitions and half-price admission for local people
- 9 Picture special: Torquay seafront
- 10 Fans can return to Plainmoor