Bryn, 83, gets our books appeal off to flying start
- Credit: Archant
Well, we asked you to donate books for our Raise for Rowcroft appeal and you didn't let us down!
We invited readers with old books to bring them to our office at Castle Circus to have them on display for sale at a minimum £1 each for the appeal.
We have had hundreds of books donated - more than 300 alone from inspirational 83-year-old Bryn Jones from Meadfoot in Torquay.
Please keep them coming! We need your help to raise £50,000 for the hospice over the next year.
We intend to have a couple of high-profile book signings lined up in the weeks ahead.
You can support our campaign with any donations or fund-raising events you like. Contact the hospice team at email@example.com or 01803 217450 and let them know you are doing it for our campaign. Also let us know the details at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cover it.
- 1 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 2 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 6 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 7 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 8 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 9 Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart
- 10 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league