Raise a glass to Rowcroft's 40th - with a non-alcoholic Dry January drink
- Credit: Submitted
Rowcroft Hospice is encouraging people to raise a glass for its 40th birthday - with a non-alcoholic drink.
The hospice has teamed up with Torquay-based company Sea Arch Drinks to celebrate its anniversary with a 'Dry January' and raise funds for Rowcroft at the same time.
One in five drinkers in the UK are taking on the alcohol-free month challenge and Rowcroft say Dry January should be less about giving something up, and more about getting something back.
Giving up alcohol is said to bring many health benefits including brighter skin, increased energy, a calmer mind and improved sleep.
The Sea Arch Coastal Juniper non-alcoholic spirit is now available to purchase in Rowcroft’s shops across the region, with all profits going to care for patients with life-limiting illnesses.
“This special 40th anniversary non-alcoholic spirit is the perfect tonic for Dry January,” said Rowcroft’s CEO Mark Hawkins.
“It offers you the chance to indulge your taste-buds by treating yourself to a delicious non-alcoholic alternative for gin lovers, while celebrating Rowcroft’s 40 years of caring for the local community. And by purchasing a bottle, you’ll be raising crucial funds for the hospice so that we can continue our care into the future. So please do support us by raising a glass to Rowcroft this January!”
- 1 Property of the Week: Stunning seaside holiday let property
- 2 Great win on the road for United
- 3 Torquay United under-18s triumph over league leaders
- 4 Gulls savour 'huge three points'
- 5 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 6 Afghan refugee family move to Torbay after delays
- 7 Solar farms are power to council's elbow but don't forget the Gulls - and the archers!
- 8 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 9 Tribute to talented artist and craftswoman Mandy, who brought out the best in those she taught
- 10 Saluting top man 'Skivvo' as he announces he's leaving the Glovers
Sea Arch Drinks co-founder Sarah Yates said: “For many of our customers, there’s a time and a place for alcohol but increasingly there’s a time and place for non-alcoholic drinks too. That doesn’t mean they’re any less discerning about what they want to drink on those occasions, which is why we make our non-alcoholic spirit using many of the classic gin botanicals including juniper, cardamom, coriander and blood orange, as well as sea kelp and samphire which are both found on the Devon coastline.”
Available in small and large bottles, the alcohol-free spirit is retailing in Rowcroft’s shops at £15.95 for 25cl and £24.95 for 70cl. Rowcroft has thanked Sea Arch Drinks for collaborating through this partnership.
For further information about Rowcroft’s 40th anniversary celebrations, go to www.rowcrofthospice.org.uk/40years