Preston Rotarians hand over £1,000 to Paignton Community Larder
- Credit: Archant
Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation just just days after launching a cash appeal to help local charities in the current virus crisis.
The club has handed over £1,000 to the Paignton Community Larder which has been swamped with calls for help.
Anita Davies, from the Larder, said: 'Only four days after launching their Appeal Fund, the Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation to a local charity and they chose us. We are so pleased to have been chosen as their first beneficiaries.
'We are very grateful to have the support of a number of local groups. Preston and Paignton Rotary Clubs have been great supporters since we launched the Larder in December 2017.
'No one could ever have imagined the increase in referrals we have seen recently – 300 per cent up on a year ago and climbing. Somehow the club manages to keep coming up trumps.'
The Preston Rotarians' appeal has been launched as it supports a number of local charities. Details can be found on their website at www.preston.rotary1175.org.
- 1 Sutton 0 Torquay United 1
- 2 Great performance when it mattered
- 3 Torquay United showdown at Sutton
- 4 Torbay Council confirms Anne-Marie Bond as new chief executive
- 5 Sunken Gardens work starts as lights shine bright on new future
- 6 Great fuel debate - the case for diesel
- 7 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 8 Bryony Frost recovering from National fall
- 9 Victorian splendour in the heart of Torquay
- 10 Adventure tourist attractions promoting Bay as premier outdoor destination