Preston Rotarians hand over £1,000 to Paignton Community Larder
- Credit: Archant
Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation just just days after launching a cash appeal to help local charities in the current virus crisis.
The club has handed over £1,000 to the Paignton Community Larder which has been swamped with calls for help.
Anita Davies, from the Larder, said: 'Only four days after launching their Appeal Fund, the Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation to a local charity and they chose us. We are so pleased to have been chosen as their first beneficiaries.
'We are very grateful to have the support of a number of local groups. Preston and Paignton Rotary Clubs have been great supporters since we launched the Larder in December 2017.
'No one could ever have imagined the increase in referrals we have seen recently – 300 per cent up on a year ago and climbing. Somehow the club manages to keep coming up trumps.'
The Preston Rotarians' appeal has been launched as it supports a number of local charities. Details can be found on their website at www.preston.rotary1175.org.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 8 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 9 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward