Preston Rotarians hand over £1,000 to Paignton Community Larder
- Credit: Archant
Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation just just days after launching a cash appeal to help local charities in the current virus crisis.
The club has handed over £1,000 to the Paignton Community Larder which has been swamped with calls for help.
Anita Davies, from the Larder, said: 'Only four days after launching their Appeal Fund, the Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation to a local charity and they chose us. We are so pleased to have been chosen as their first beneficiaries.
'We are very grateful to have the support of a number of local groups. Preston and Paignton Rotary Clubs have been great supporters since we launched the Larder in December 2017.
'No one could ever have imagined the increase in referrals we have seen recently – 300 per cent up on a year ago and climbing. Somehow the club manages to keep coming up trumps.'
The Preston Rotarians' appeal has been launched as it supports a number of local charities. Details can be found on their website at www.preston.rotary1175.org.
- 1 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 2 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 3 NL suspension is out of the question
- 4 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 5 Decision time for National League clubs
- 6 Gulls going for 'double' after transfer signings
- 7 Work set to start at Torquay seafront gardens
- 8 Former Torbay mayor says Living Coasts site should become a public open space
- 9 Torquay loan goalkeeper from Truro
- 10 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital