Preston Rotarians hand over £1,000 to Paignton Community Larder
- Credit: Archant
Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation just just days after launching a cash appeal to help local charities in the current virus crisis.
The club has handed over £1,000 to the Paignton Community Larder which has been swamped with calls for help.
Anita Davies, from the Larder, said: 'Only four days after launching their Appeal Fund, the Preston Rotary Club have made their first donation to a local charity and they chose us. We are so pleased to have been chosen as their first beneficiaries.
'We are very grateful to have the support of a number of local groups. Preston and Paignton Rotary Clubs have been great supporters since we launched the Larder in December 2017.
'No one could ever have imagined the increase in referrals we have seen recently – 300 per cent up on a year ago and climbing. Somehow the club manages to keep coming up trumps.'
The Preston Rotarians' appeal has been launched as it supports a number of local charities. Details can be found on their website at www.preston.rotary1175.org.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 10 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay