Rotarians' cash for Torbay holiday charity
- Credit: Rotary Club of Paignton
Paignton Rotarians have donated much-needed cash to a charity that provides memory-making holidays to families struggling with serious illness or bereavement.
Martin Brook, a director from Torbay Holiday Helpers Network (THHN) accepted a cheque from Mike Kirkham, president of the Rotary Club of Paignton.
The club planned to hold a barn dance in March 2020 to raise funds for THHN. Unfortunately, due to Covid, it was first postponed and subsequently cancelled.
In December, the club held a Christmas hamper raffle in aid of THHN, which raised £515.
With the barn dance unlikely to take place in 2021, the ticket holders were contacted and the majority donated their ticket refunds to the charity.
This added a further £1,025 to the hamper raffle proceeds to give a grand total of £1,540.
Torbay Holiday Helpers Network provide holidays to families struggling with illness or bereavement. Families who have children with a serious illness, and families with a parent who has a serious illness, can have a holiday to make special memories.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
Many Torbay businesses, including accommodation providers and attractions, provide facilities free of charge to help make this happen.
If you would like to know more about the Rotary clubs in Torbay, contact Sue Kirkham 07944 410719 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the Torbay Holiday Helpers Network, contact John Bunce 01803 900101 or firstname.lastname@example.org