Riviera lives up to its name with fine views of Bay
- Credit: Archant
One of the finest views over the English Riviera is encompassed from this exceptional marine town house forming part of a select development perched on the hillside overlooking Torquay's sheltered harbour and yacht marina.
Set elevated in its plot behind secure electric gates, the property affords generous living space arranged over three levels being thoughtfully planned with the reception rooms opening onto a private garden and balcony which both face a westerly aspect taking full advantage of the breathtaking sea views.
'The Riviera' is enviably tucked back from the hustle and bustle in a peaceful setting yet just a short saunter from the vibrant waterside bars, restaurants, Princess Theatre and array of leisure activities.
Approached via a secure electronic gate and sweeping driveway leading to the parking facilities and garaging, a covered storm porch with double glazed door opens to the reception hall with telephone door entry system to the gated approach. Off the hall is a cloakroom with WC, wash hand basin, half-tiled walls, electric consumer unit and extractor fan.
The kitchen is fitted with a quality range of units and a range of appliances. A breakfast bar separates the kitchen and sitting/dining room, which features central double-glazed doors with sidescreen windows overlooking and opening to the private garden from where outstanding sea and coastal views into Tor Bay are enjoyed.
From the reception hall, stairs rise to the first floor landing with telephone entry system for the gated entrance. Another cloakroom with WC, wash hand basin, half-tiled walls, shaver point and extractor fan is on the first floor.
The lounge with decorative rose and feature fireplace with marble inset and hearth also has central double-glazed French doors with sidescreen windows opening on to a balcony from where the outstanding marine views into Torquay Harbour and around the coastline of Tor Bay to Paignton and Goodrington are enjoyed.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 3 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 National League round-up
- 8 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
Bedroom three with an ensuite is on the first floor, while the master bedroom with outstanding sea views and bedroom two are on the second floor.
On the market at £539,950, to find out more or book a viewing of 'The Riviera', call John Lake estate agents on 01803 328899.