Ritz chef Kieran's 'cooks up' a chocolate castle classic
- Credit: Jane Blanchard
Super talented patisserie chef Kieran Charles set himself a challenge for Lockdown Three - creating a Disney Cinderella Castle out of chocolate.
The piece involved 17 kilos of 100 per cent dark chocolate and took about 100 hours to make.
Kieran, 20, trained at the Cordon Bleu school in London before landing a job as pastry demi-chef de partie at the world-famous Ritz in London.
He studied at South Devon College and did his apprenticeship at Salcombe Harbour Hotel. During lockdown, he’ has been back with his family near Teignmouth.
He discovered his love of baking at the age of 11, initially teaching himself from Youtube.
He says: "I’m really missing my job at the moment, but I’ll be back at the Ritz next month. Mum says she’s got used to her kitchen smelling like Willie Wonka’s chocolate factory."
The castle was made in time for Easter but didn't last too long! Kieran's next challenge? A three foot dragon.
- 1 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 2 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 8 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 9 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 10 Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart