Restaurant owner says thanks to Torbay Hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an Indian restaurant is saying a big thank you to Torbay Hospital workers
Newton Abbot's award-winning restaurant the Eastern Eye has been overwhelmed by the response to its takeaway business.
The family business also appreciates the great work of the NHS and the staff at Torbay Hospital.
Owner Touris Ali said: 'In the 30 years I have been here my father has been seriously ill on a number of occasions. I have been pleased by the way he has been looked after in Torbay. Recently, I tragically lost my son but in his last days he was given great care there.'
Mr Ali is offering 25 per cent discount on takeaways throughout May to health workers. They will only need to show identification.
He has been a supporter of business and sport in Torbay including sponsoring the Torquay United kit. Customers travel from Torbay including Torbay Weekly columnist and former Torquay United Chief Executive Colin Lee who said: 'Mr Ali is a great person who has become a good friend.'
- 1 Oldway Mansion squash courts set to be demolished
- 2 Torquay United playing games as fast as possible
- 3 Billionaire's superyacht joins cruise ships in Torbay
- 4 Torquay United 0 Sutton United 0
- 5 Torquay United coming through unscathed
- 6 Fitness professional Zoe joins team at South Devon College academy
- 7 Council to build industrial units at Torquay coach station
- 8 Make sure you have the best mortgage for you
- 9 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 10 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85