Restaurant owner says thanks to Torbay Hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an Indian restaurant is saying a big thank you to Torbay Hospital workers
Newton Abbot's award-winning restaurant the Eastern Eye has been overwhelmed by the response to its takeaway business.
The family business also appreciates the great work of the NHS and the staff at Torbay Hospital.
Owner Touris Ali said: 'In the 30 years I have been here my father has been seriously ill on a number of occasions. I have been pleased by the way he has been looked after in Torbay. Recently, I tragically lost my son but in his last days he was given great care there.'
Mr Ali is offering 25 per cent discount on takeaways throughout May to health workers. They will only need to show identification.
He has been a supporter of business and sport in Torbay including sponsoring the Torquay United kit. Customers travel from Torbay including Torbay Weekly columnist and former Torquay United Chief Executive Colin Lee who said: 'Mr Ali is a great person who has become a good friend.'
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships