Restaurant owner says thanks to Torbay Hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an Indian restaurant is saying a big thank you to Torbay Hospital workers
Newton Abbot's award-winning restaurant the Eastern Eye has been overwhelmed by the response to its takeaway business.
The family business also appreciates the great work of the NHS and the staff at Torbay Hospital.
Owner Touris Ali said: 'In the 30 years I have been here my father has been seriously ill on a number of occasions. I have been pleased by the way he has been looked after in Torbay. Recently, I tragically lost my son but in his last days he was given great care there.'
Mr Ali is offering 25 per cent discount on takeaways throughout May to health workers. They will only need to show identification.
He has been a supporter of business and sport in Torbay including sponsoring the Torquay United kit. Customers travel from Torbay including Torbay Weekly columnist and former Torquay United Chief Executive Colin Lee who said: 'Mr Ali is a great person who has become a good friend.'
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 6 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 7 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 8 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 9 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
- 10 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip