Restaurant owner says thanks to Torbay Hospital staff
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an Indian restaurant is saying a big thank you to Torbay Hospital workers
Newton Abbot's award-winning restaurant the Eastern Eye has been overwhelmed by the response to its takeaway business.
The family business also appreciates the great work of the NHS and the staff at Torbay Hospital.
Owner Touris Ali said: 'In the 30 years I have been here my father has been seriously ill on a number of occasions. I have been pleased by the way he has been looked after in Torbay. Recently, I tragically lost my son but in his last days he was given great care there.'
Mr Ali is offering 25 per cent discount on takeaways throughout May to health workers. They will only need to show identification.
He has been a supporter of business and sport in Torbay including sponsoring the Torquay United kit. Customers travel from Torbay including Torbay Weekly columnist and former Torquay United Chief Executive Colin Lee who said: 'Mr Ali is a great person who has become a good friend.'
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 7 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Saker's return sparks Barton's thrashing of Seaton
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much