Residents urged to take part in Jumble Trail
- Credit: TCDT
Neighbours are being encouraged to clear out their homes and take part in a huge Jumble Trail.
Residents of Chelston hope that this year’s Jumble Trail between 10am and 1pm on Saturday, June 5 – World Environmental Day - will be bigger and better than ever because so many people have spent their time in lockdown organising cupboards and tidying up their homes.
Organiser Camilla Faldborg is hoping that because charity shops across the Bay are full to bursting, it will be an ideal time for households to pass on unwanted goods, avoiding them having to go to the tip.
It is also the first opportunity in a long time for neighbours and friends to get together in the open air, renewing friendships, making new ones and picking up a bargain at the same time.
“We are looking forward to a great day out when everyone can come together again,” said Camilla.
“When we did it last September between lockdowns we had upwards of 35 households taking part, and we very much hope that this time around, there will be many more.”
Tara Acton, Torbay Community Development Trust’s Ageing Well community builder, is helping with the trail and looking forward to seeing the streets come alive.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 8 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 9 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 10 Trio get their running shoes on for Bay half marathon fund-raiser
She said: “The Jumble trail offered a chance for neighbours to connect and chat with a purpose.
“Now more than ever chances to giggle and meet others are paramount, what better excuse to have a spring clean than to do it over a chin wag- all the better if treasures are come by in the process."
For more details go to the Facebook page @chelstonjumbletrail and to register to receive your event pack which includes posters, lanyards and PPE ring either Camilla on 07958 315267 or Tara on 07730 792431.