Refurbished toilets open on Babbacombe Downs
- Credit: Torbay Council
Toilets on Babbacombe Downs are the latest units to benefit from a £1.7 million modernisation programme.
The refurbished toilets replace the old ones after the existing toilet block was divided in two.
Work on the newly opened facilities was completed by Healthmatic, who are also responsible for ensuring all of Torbay’s public toilets are well maintained and kept in a clean and safe condition.
To support the funding of the modernisation work and the increased cleaning regime, a charge of 30p will apply, payable by contactless payment.
With the opening of the new facilities, the old facilities will be closed and painted white - in keeping with the rest of the building - while other potential uses of the surplus block are explored.
All users of any of the facilities across Torbay are asked to adhere to any guidance on display with regards to social distancing and hygiene, both before and after using the facilities.
- 1 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 2 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 6 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 7 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 8 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 9 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 10 Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart