Reduced fees for bespoke disabled parking bays
- Credit: Submitted
Fees for the installation of a bespoke disabled parking bay in Torbay have been reduced from £550 to £100.
The reduction in the fees means more people will be able to afford to install a disabled parking bay outside their home.
A review of the fees was conducted by Torbay Council after a plea for help was raised by Torbay Mencap.
Cllr Steve Darling, leader of Torbay Council, said: “Many people in Torbay find it difficult to manoeuvre from home to car and these parking bays are of great benefit to those who need them.
“We are pleased to have been able to work with Torbay Mencap to support those with complex needs to help their day run a little smoother.”
Carol King, chair of Torbay Mencap, said: “We are very grateful to Torbay Council for reducing the fees.
“Many people across Torbay rely on these parking bays and we are fortunate to live in an area with a sympathetic local council.
- 1 Cheers as former player Jim backs United
- 2 Dementia mini mental test - is it fit for purpose?
- 3 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 4 Go ahead for climbing attraction at old RICC tennis courts
- 5 Motoring: Fondly looking back at 2021 with some surprising results
- 6 Paignton business expands team and offices to deliver tech offer
- 7 Remembering our loved ones this Christmas
- 8 £1.5million development gets underway at Mayfield
- 9 Bowls: Great quarter-final win for Torbay
- 10 Buckland drawn away in the FA Vase
“I’m sure a lot of people will take advantage of this opportunity to get the parking bay they have needed for a while.”