Reduced fees for bespoke disabled parking bays
- Credit: Submitted
Fees for the installation of a bespoke disabled parking bay in Torbay have been reduced from £550 to £100.
The reduction in the fees means more people will be able to afford to install a disabled parking bay outside their home.
A review of the fees was conducted by Torbay Council after a plea for help was raised by Torbay Mencap.
Cllr Steve Darling, leader of Torbay Council, said: “Many people in Torbay find it difficult to manoeuvre from home to car and these parking bays are of great benefit to those who need them.
“We are pleased to have been able to work with Torbay Mencap to support those with complex needs to help their day run a little smoother.”
Carol King, chair of Torbay Mencap, said: “We are very grateful to Torbay Council for reducing the fees.
“Many people across Torbay rely on these parking bays and we are fortunate to live in an area with a sympathetic local council.
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 6 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 7 Turning our season around
- 8 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 9 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
“I’m sure a lot of people will take advantage of this opportunity to get the parking bay they have needed for a while.”