Reddenhill Road - a street at the heart of the community
- Credit: Submitted
Reddenhill Road is more than just a street with shops and businesses. It is at the heart of the community especially in the Babbacombe area of Torquay.
A variety of businesses, from a convenience store to a card shop, line the road to ensure residents can get all they want in one place and shop local.
Richards TV started business in 1967 in Babbacombe selling, renting and servicing TV’s. Originally run by two business partners, the name was derived from combining the first name and surname of the two partners and still carries this name today.
The company sells the latest 4K smart TV’s along with a wide range of appliances including fridge freezers, washing machines, tumble dryers and more, as well as household electricals.
Labrows Bistro Bar has been open since July, 2018, and has had a substantial refurbishment.
It provides a ‘welcoming place to enjoy classic food in the daytime with a wide assortment of drinks'.
Every Friday and Saturday evening handmade Spanish Tapas, from dishes such as classic ham croquettes and Patatas Bravas are served alongside an assortment of alcoholic drinks, including cocktails.
- 1 Five new business units planned in coach station overhaul
- 2 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 3 Paul Jolly: Smart motorway common sense
- 4 Flower meadows get Bay buzzing
- 5 Rowing: GB rower is guest of honour at presentation night
- 6 Gulls start Trophy journey in Tonbridge
- 7 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
- 8 Coastwatch and disabled sailors team up to ensure safe sailing
- 9 Our nights of darts, pool and the birth of Torbay's 'ghostbusters'
- 10 Have a fiver off a Christmas tree at Marldon
The bistro endeavours to use local quality ingredients as well as authentic Spanish ingredients. It is also continuously developing its range of foods that it produces to keep up with current trends.
Bookings are being taken for its two-course festive lunch for every Wednesday and Thursday in December – call 01803 311911.
Also in the street, well-established Imperial Valet Dry Cleaners have over 40 years of experience providing quality dry cleaning services for customers across Torquay.
Reddenhill Road and its businesses cater for everyone and more besides.
As one local resident put it: “The road has a great community feel to it. When you walk through everybody knows each other and says hello."