Paignton's RBL branch celebrates 100th birthday with a bang-er!
- Credit: Submitted
The Paignton Branch of the the Royal British Legion is celebrating its 100th birthday.
Its HQ at 39 Church Street will be open on Sunday June 20 from noon until 4pm serving coffee/tea and small refreshments.
President Major Ron Goodwin said: "All are welcome. It will be a good chance to visit the office and view the work done on the nearby flower beds by volunteers and learn a little about the Legion."
Paul Kenyon at Premier Meats in Palace Avenue will be celebrating the birthday by making 100 special sausages, 50 beef with Spitfire Ale and 50 Beef and Poppy Seed, All proceeds will go the the Poppy appeal. The special bangers will be on sale from June 18 at the Palace Avenue shop.
Major Ron says: "Please come and support your local branch."
Further details can be obtained on 01803 555838.
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 3 New £10 million Claylands site just the job for growing Bay firm
- 4 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 5 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 6 Your Bay Needs You - and here are some of the jobs available
- 7 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 8 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 9 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 10 Please only use hospital A&E if your life depends on it