Cheers! Agents seal deals on three pubs
- Credit: Bettesworths
Perhaps, it is because a lockdown loosening is hopefully looming for South Devon’s pubs.
Torbay-based agents Bettesworths have revealed a positive start to 2021 in their License and Leisure department where they have completed on three freehold pub sales in January, with several others agreed, subject to contract.
They have completed the sales on the George Inn at Holcombe Rogus on Exmoor, The Masons Arms at Odcombe near Yeovil, Somerset, and The Millbrook Inn in South Pool, near Kingsbridge, in the South Hams.
With the George Inn There is also a separate two bed owners/holiday let cottage and a further one bed owners flat. The property was sold off an asking price of £450,000 freehold.
The Mansons Arms is a Grade II Listed thatched traditional pub with six en-suite letting rooms, a separate brewery, a camping/motorhome site with 18 pitches, separate shepherd’s hut, beer gardens and paddock. The property also has a two-bed owners/managers flat. The pub was sold to regional brewers, Hall & Woodhouse for an undisclosed sum, off an asking price of ‘offers in the region of £600,000’.
The Millbrook Inn in South Pool is a landmark free house and has been sold to a local operator for an undisclosed sum in an ‘off market’ sale negotiated through Bettesworths.
Managing director Matt Bettesworth, who handled the sales, said: ‘I’m delighted to report the sale of these three significant freehold pubs, which highlight the fact that businesses are still selling, despite the pandemic. We’re currently speaking to many potential purchasers who having had the chance to reassess their lives in the last 12 months are now looking for pastures new.
- 1 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 2 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
- 3 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 4 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 5 Torquay United ladies book cup final date with City
- 6 Battle and race against time is on to awaken the sleeping giant that is Oldway
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Mark takes over at helm as Teignbridge Propellers invest in future
- 9 Dementia and Covid - the unknown figures
- 10 Are hi-tech companies missing a trick as they look to recruit staff?
“A successful, well established pub remains an attractive asset and these three sales certainly demonstrate that a strong business will always sell, despite any short-term turbulence.”