Property of the Week: Character cottage that's close to town centre
- Credit: Amanda Ayshford estate agents
Property of the Week is situated in a level and central location in Paignton, close to Paignton town centre with all its amenities and shops.
Paignton beach is also within easy reach, as well a local convenience store just around the corner from the property.
This charming Grade II-listed cottage offers unique accommodation and needs to be viewed to appreciate the accommodation on offer.
The property has been well looked after and maintained by the current owners, with a good degree of care and attention to detail, to make sure that the property retains the character, with the unusual layout of having two staircases.
The accommodation includes a sitting room which is accessed from the main front door.
This room has a feature fireplace with an inset log burner.
There's also a handy downstairs shower room/WC.
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 Turning our season around
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 9 Bridleway takes you to Agatha Christie's 'loveliest place in the world'
- 10 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
The first staircase leads off the sitting room to two bedrooms on the first floor.
The second part of the property on the ground floor offers a fitted kitchen with integrated oven, induction hob and microwave, with inset Belfast sink and good range of cupboards and drawer space.
A feature staircase off the kitchen, with glass and aluminium balustrading, leads up to the first floor.
The master bedroom has a feature stained glass window and ensuite wet room/WC.
The property offers a side courtyard garden, which could offer potential to create off-road parking but this would be subject to checking the necessary planning and consents.
There is also a useful utility area and store room.
This three-bedroomed cottage in Sunbury Road, Paignton, is on the market with an asking price of £280,000. For details and to book a viewing, call Amanada Ayshford estate agents on 01803 396004.