Property of the week: Superb period property set within quiet cul-de-sac
- Credit: Archant
Our first Property of the Week is this superb five-bedroom detached period property set within the quiet cul-de-sac of Mortimer Avenue in the Preston area of Paignton.
While retaining the character of a period home, with features including fireplaces, picture rails, high skirting boards and parquet flooring, the property has been modernised with double-glazed windows, gas central heating, a carport and integral garage.
Walking through the entrance hall, this fabulous home immediately introduces some of the period features and this continues in the spacious living room, with decorative coving and a cast-iron fireplace and slate hearth.
The dining room maintains the spacious theme and is a great place to enjoy meals prepared in a kitchen packed with all the necessary utilities. There is also an extension to the kitchen, hosting a perfect breakfast area and doors opening to the rear garden.
In addition, the ground floor has a w/c, a door to the integral garage and room for a small study.
The first floor boasts three bedrooms and the main bathroom.
The master bedroom comes with a large, bespoke built-in oak wardrobes and a stunning en-suite bathroom.
- 1 Oldway Mansion squash courts set to be demolished
- 2 Torquay United playing games as fast as possible
- 3 Billionaire's superyacht joins cruise ships in Torbay
- 4 Torquay United 0 Sutton United 0
- 5 Torquay United coming through unscathed
- 6 Fitness professional Zoe joins team at South Devon College academy
- 7 Council to build industrial units at Torquay coach station
- 8 Make sure you have the best mortgage for you
- 9 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 10 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
Bedrooms two and three are also a good size, while the main bathroom enjoys a double shower cubicle with glazed screen.
Moving to the top of the house, there are two further bedrooms on the second floor, both with skylight windows.
The pleasure continues outside with gardens that wrap around the house with manicured lawns, a raised decking area and further patio sections.
The garden has secure timber fencing, walls to boundaries and the driveway is undercover, leading to the integral garage.
This really is a fantastic home and a tremendous location in Preston, with easy access to local shops, amenities and beaches. Mortimer Avenue is within the catchment area of Oldway Primary School and a perfect family home.
The property is on the market for £490,000 and to find out more and arrange a viewing, contact Ridgewater Property on 01803 313577 or visit www.ridgewater.co.uk