Property of the Week: Detached country home with beautiful private gardens
- Credit: Archant
Welcome to the Manor House in Coffinswell, our stunning Property of the Week set amid the rolling South Devon hills.
The Manor House is on the market for £1,795,000 and features a detached country home with beautiful private gardens, as well as a separate cottage and extensive barn, with planning permission for conversion.
Dating back to the 16th century, the Manor House combines elegance and comfort in a light and spacious home in the picturesque rural setting of Coffinswell, a wonderful South Devon village positioned neatly between Torquay and Newton Abbot.
Stepping through the wisteria-covered entrance porch into the Manor House, the main reception rooms are ideally placed for access to the gardens and the lounge area boasts a marble fireplace and French doors to the terrace.
The neighbouring drawing room is even bigger than the lounge, also includes French doors to the terrace and a spectacular grand fireplace with a warming wood burner.
Walking through this historic building, there is the added charm of the old timbers and beams.
The kitchen and dining room are connected through double doors, with fabulous granite worktops in the kitchen, an oil-fired Aga and plenty of storage space. The dining room then leads into the conservatory, with a glazed roof.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 5 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 6 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 7 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 8 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
The ground floor is complete with a study, shower room and utility room.
There are five double-bedrooms on the first floor, a master bedroom suite with views over the gardens, a dressing area and en-suite bathroom. There is also a family bathroom to finish off an amazing house.
Manor Lodge is a property attached to one narrow section of the main house and includes a kitchen, cloakroom, store and three bedrooms, while the barn is a large unconverted area with potential for an indoor swimming pool or conversion into a cottage.
The final piece in this superb jigsaw are the manicured gardens, cut into separate sections for endless enjoyment. There is a terrace, plenty of space for entertaining guests and surrounded by trees and shrubs.
To find out more and arrange a viewing, contact John Lake on 01803 328899 or visit www.johnlake.co.uk