Property: How to decorate your rental home
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Neil Tozer, director of Ridgewater Sales and Lettings:
Moved into a rental property and not quite sure how to approach the decor and design of it?
We've put together some easy and inspirational ideas to help you decorate your rental property:
START BY SETTING A BUDGET
As it's a rental property that you're decorating, you may not want to invest a considerable amount of money on furniture and fixtures. So the very first step should be setting a budget. Remember, it doesn't all need to be done at once!
FIND OUT ABOUT WITH THE WALLS
One of the simplest ways to put your personal touch to a property is by sprucing it up with a fresh lick of paint or your favourite wallpaper. If you're renting, you need to consult with your landlord before doing this.
- 1 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 2 First friendly for Torquay United
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 5 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 6 Ironman effort to raise cash for Torbay surf therapy project
- 7 Nemane to Notts
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
Some landlords may see you sprucing up the walls as a positive, as it potentially adds value to their property without them needing to do anything. Others may be more hesitant as they may want to keep the property more neutral looking or may worry about potential damage.
Look into removable peel and stick wallpaper that won't leave any sign that it was there.
ADD COLOUR AND STYLE WITH INDOOR PLANTS
Adding some greenery to your home is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to decorate your rental property without offending your landlord.
If you don't have much time to care for them, invest in succulents such as Aloe Vera that are low-maintenance but still look great.
LIGHT IT UP
Lighting goes a long way in changing the look and ambience of any room. Create a vibe you love in your rental home with your lighting choices. It's easily and cheaply done.
Add some lamps and create yourself a more homely space and highlight specific areas in the room. You can also switch lightbulbs in your overhead lights to create a warmer space.
PERSONALISE WITH PHOTOGRAPHY AND ART
Want to add your stamp to your rental home without getting on the wrong side of your landlord (or your deposit)? Display cool art pieces and photos of your loved ones.
• For no-obligation advice on buying, selling or renting a home, call Ridgewater Sales and Lettings on 01803 525100.