Probus members enjoy own version of TV show - and that's no lie!
- Credit: Submitted
The Babbacombe and St Marychurch Probus Club staged their own virtual version of a TV game show 'Would I Lie To You' .
The show, where you have make three statements and guess which ones are the truth or lie, proved so successful that it may return.
Members also enjoyed a presentation by member Norman Stacey entitled 'The Coventry Waste to Energy Plan'.
As senior principal engineer at Coventry City Council, he was responsible for the Plant’s operation from 1986 until 1992 and then until retirement in 1999 as technical director for a separate company.
Norman described its operation which generated electricity for the national grid, and heating for public buildings. He showed a picture of the Plymouth plant which treats waste delivered from Torbay and generates electricity for the Royal Naval Dockyard.
At the next meeting members enjoyed another of Philip Kay’s 50 question quiz. For info contact secretary Philip Kay on 01803 323551; or e-mail email@example.com or go to www.dphinchliffe.wixsite.com/babbacombe-probus
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 5 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 8 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 9 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'