Probus members enjoy own version of TV show - and that's no lie!
- Credit: Submitted
The Babbacombe and St Marychurch Probus Club staged their own virtual version of a TV game show 'Would I Lie To You' .
The show, where you have make three statements and guess which ones are the truth or lie, proved so successful that it may return.
Members also enjoyed a presentation by member Norman Stacey entitled 'The Coventry Waste to Energy Plan'.
As senior principal engineer at Coventry City Council, he was responsible for the Plant’s operation from 1986 until 1992 and then until retirement in 1999 as technical director for a separate company.
Norman described its operation which generated electricity for the national grid, and heating for public buildings. He showed a picture of the Plymouth plant which treats waste delivered from Torbay and generates electricity for the Royal Naval Dockyard.
At the next meeting members enjoyed another of Philip Kay’s 50 question quiz. For info contact secretary Philip Kay on 01803 323551; or e-mail email@example.com or go to www.dphinchliffe.wixsite.com/babbacombe-probus
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason