Young Devon's free Prince's Trust training 'ideal for those isolated due to pandemic'
- Credit: Young Devon
Young Devon's Prince's Trust course is starting this month.
The course is Level 1, and will run at Young Devon's Newton Abbot site, five days a week for 12 weeks.
The programme offers free training for 16-to-25 year olds, supporting personal development and building confidence.
The course, which starts on September 27, includes modules such as a community project, and work experience as well as a week's residential.
This courses also aims to improve or obtain skills such as communication, confidence, teamwork as well as life skills.
Week 1 – Introduction/Team building
Week 2- Team building Residential
Week 3-6 - Community Project
Week 7-8 - Work Placement
Week 9 - Next Steps
Week 10-11 - Team Challenge
Week 12 - Programme Review/Presentation
Young Devon say these courses are excellent progression opportunities, especially for young people who have been isolated, and out of an educational setting, due to the pandemic.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 4 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 7 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 8 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 9 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 10 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
For details, call 01626 356720, email email@example.com or log on to www.youngdevon.org