Preston Rotarians support community groups from appeal fund
- Credit: Archant
Preston Rotarians support two more community groups from Appeal Fund
The Preston Rotary Club has made donations to two community projects.
The donations come from an appeal fund set up by the club to support charities and organisations helping the community during the pandemic.
The contribution to the Great Parks Community Centre will be used to fund the preparation and delivery of hot meals to vulnerable people in their area.
The Crafty Fox Café and Community Hub also received a donation from the Rotarians.
Jenny Day, chairman of Great Parks, said: 'In addition to delivering the meals our volunteers also check to make sure other areas of support are being covered.'
If you would like to help please let Jenny know on 01803 524903 or visit their Facebook page https://www.facebook. com/GreatParksCC
- 1 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
- 4 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 5 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 6 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 7 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
- 8 Feline Network Cat Rescue: Can you offer a home to a golden oldie?
- 9 Fostering - why not consider a vocation that makes a real difference?
- 10 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
Rotarian Peter Burcher said: 'We set out to aid smaller, local charities, who are doing a wonderful job. The donations we have received from members and the public.'