Preston Rotarians support community groups from appeal fund
- Credit: Archant
Preston Rotarians support two more community groups from Appeal Fund
The Preston Rotary Club has made donations to two community projects.
The donations come from an appeal fund set up by the club to support charities and organisations helping the community during the pandemic.
The contribution to the Great Parks Community Centre will be used to fund the preparation and delivery of hot meals to vulnerable people in their area.
The Crafty Fox Café and Community Hub also received a donation from the Rotarians.
Jenny Day, chairman of Great Parks, said: 'In addition to delivering the meals our volunteers also check to make sure other areas of support are being covered.'
If you would like to help please let Jenny know on 01803 524903 or visit their Facebook page https://www.facebook. com/GreatParksCC
- 1 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 2 United visit Woking tonight
- 3 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 6 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 7 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 8 Desperate men killing the game
- 9 Josh turns his life around and says: 'It's time for me to give back'
- 10 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
Rotarian Peter Burcher said: 'We set out to aid smaller, local charities, who are doing a wonderful job. The donations we have received from members and the public.'